Ankündigungen: Willkommen im Forum! Wir möchten Euch bitten keine Namen von historischen Personen als Nick zu verwenden. Danke!

*** Welcome to the forum. Please do not use names of historical persons as nickname! Thx. Please Sign in ("registrieren")!

History of War - Forum : Rules questions : Territory in Westfront 1944
()
New Topic Post Reply
Beitrag von Nachricht
Horatius
Level: Member
IP: Logged

View Profile Send Email to User
icon Territory in Westfront 1944

Hi,
I’m Italian player of this fantastic game. I’ve all English decks, and I hope for a long time in a new deck in English but…
Finally I see a English section about Westfront 1944 and I’ve bought it, for the cards I use the translation find in your website, for the territory the translation find in the forum, but I’ve a problem with the rules these are only in German.
I want to make it clear first that I don’t know German, but I try to translate and… I think to understand the 90% of the rules.
So, last night with my friend we started our first game in Westfront 1944:

We started with “Caen” and “St.Lo” the starting location plus the Canal the special territory.
I win “St.Lo” then the new territory is “Avranches”, my friend win Caen then the new territory is “Falaise Pocket”.
In the fallowing turns I win “Avranches” and I choose “Rennes”, my friend win “Falaise Pocket” and choose “Le Mans”.
Now the problem, my friend win “Le Mans” and chose “Orléans”, I win “Rennes” and I chose…
“Le Mans” is not possible, my friend win it in the previous turn and “Orléans” is already in play, so we remain with only one territory plus the “Canal”, is that possible? Where we make a mistake?

Thank in advance for your help

05-10-2009 at 13:53 | Antwort mit Zitat
Konwacht
Level: Moderator

icon Re: Territory in Westfront 1944

It's ok how you played it. It's one type of game tactics to choose a way, that forces your opponent on one remaining territory card - so he cannot evade you for the whole games. If you want so, you can play that way and force a devastating fight on only one more territory card. Often you can reach a win much earlier that way because your opponent has to surrender when he sees no chance to get into the remaining card anymore. It's not that much often that this situation happens, and in your case it was obviously simply randomness, but you can use this as a tactical measure too.

05-10-2009 at 17:33 | Antwort mit Zitat
Horatius
Level: Member

icon Re: Territory in Westfront 1944

Ok, many thanks for your fast reply.

06-10-2009 at 08:00 | Antwort mit Zitat
History of War - Forum : Rules questions : Territory in Westfront 1944 New Topic Post Reply

Login ? Username: Passwort: Passwort vergessen ?
Forum Eigenschaften:
Wer kann neue Beiträge erstellen ? HoW-Team, Moderator, Member, Member, Member
Wer kann auf Beiträge antworten ? HoW-Team, Moderator, Member, Member, Member
Wer kann Beiträge lesen ? HoW-Team, Moderator, Member, Member, Member, Gast
HTML An ? no
UBBC An ? yes
Wortfilter ? no