Ankündigungen: Willkommen im Forum! Wir möchten Euch bitten keine Namen von historischen Personen als Nick zu verwenden. Danke!

*** Welcome to the forum. Please do not use names of historical persons as nickname! Thx. Please Sign in ("registrieren")!

History of War - Forum : Rules questions : Timing issues
()
New Topic Post Reply
Beitrag von Nachricht
gengijoe
Level: Member
IP: Logged

View Profile Send Email to User
icon Timing issues

Hello! My Maas destroyer is located in a territory. Text on this ship states that I can pay 1 TA and lock the Maas to lock an opponent's base improvement if the Maas is in a territory. If my opponent wants to lock 2 TA and radar station to draw a card in the "End Phase" , can I pay 1 TA and lock my Maas to prevent that?
If in the "End Phase" I choose to lock his radar station first...can he lock 2 TA and the radar station to draw a card before my Maas can lock the radar station?
I think I have the timing down but just checking to be accurate. The Pacific Rules Manual example happens during the build phase and the abbove is a little different than that example. Thanks for any help. Much Appreciated!

07-11-2008 at 03:06 | Antwort mit Zitat
Roland_09
Level: Moderator

icon Re: Timing issues

Because of the "Last in, first out" - concept, whoever reacts to an opponent's action usually has an advantage.

So, yes, you could (***Yes, you can!*** :-), sorry, I just had to) prevent an opponent from using his radar station by locking it with your Maass-class destroyer, since the reaction (locking the radar station with the destroyer) is resolved before the action (using the radar station to draw another card). This is regardless of the current phase.

On the other hand, if for some strange reason you decide to lock his BI first, your opponent could of course react by using it before it becomes locked.

Any action that cannot be resolved because it is prevented before it kicks in does not need to be paid for. So, in your first example, your opponent would not need to pay 2 TA for his radar station, while in the second example your Maass - class destroyer would remain unlocked and you wouldn't need to pay 1 TA.

Please note that drawing TA is not an action and can never be prevented in this way; that is, you couldn't use a destroyer to lock an opponent's BI to prevent him from generating a TA from it.

This leads to an as of yet unresolved rules question: In your first example, your opponent could react to your Maass-class destroyer with a reaction of his own, let's say he wishes to use a bomb storage. Could he generate the required 1 TA with his radar station?

Edit: Spelling...

[Edited by Roland_09 on 07-11-2008 at 09:21 GMT]

Tatmotiv: KILLERSPIELE!!!
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/0,1518,612826,00.html

Save the children!
http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/02/save_the_children_from_global.html

07-11-2008 at 09:12 | Antwort mit Zitat
gengijoe
Level: Member

icon Re: Timing issues

Thanks for the info. Always a pleasure!

07-11-2008 at 14:20 | Antwort mit Zitat
History of War - Forum : Rules questions : Timing issues New Topic Post Reply

Login ? Username: Passwort: Passwort vergessen ?
Forum Eigenschaften:
Wer kann neue Beiträge erstellen ? HoW-Team, Moderator, Member, Member, Member
Wer kann auf Beiträge antworten ? HoW-Team, Moderator, Member, Member, Member
Wer kann Beiträge lesen ? HoW-Team, Moderator, Member, Member, Member, Gast
HTML An ? no
UBBC An ? yes
Wortfilter ? no