Ankündigungen: Willkommen im Forum! Wir möchten Euch bitten keine Namen von historischen Personen als Nick zu verwenden. Danke!

*** Welcome to the forum. Please do not use names of historical persons as nickname! Thx. Please Sign in ("registrieren")!

History of War - Forum : Rules questions : Three Base Improvement Questions
()
New Topic Post Reply
Beitrag von Nachricht
Dauntless_dad
Level: Member
IP: Logged

View Profile Send Email to User
icon Three Base Improvement Questions

1) I assume that the additional TA cost effect of the Sabotage only applies to your opponent, correct?

2) What purpose does the Ford fulfill? It seems useless, except as a source of TA.

3) Certain base improvements (Grenade Supply, Ship Reserves, Patrol) have abilities that can be used when your opponent discards a card. We assumed that any time your opponent placed a card in the Junkyard, for any reason, these effects could be activated. Was this correct?

04-06-2007 at 02:33 | Antwort mit Zitat
GeZi-General
Level: Moderator

icon Re: Three Base Improvement Questions

1) No, you're also affected by the Sabotage

2) Well, hmm, you're right. The little number of combinations I could imagine are a bit too tricky. But sometimes, a cards value can be improved with newer cards. A card, that is now uselesess can become very powerful with the next edition.

3) No, that's wrong, too. It is only a discard effect, if a card is put from a player's HAND into his junkyard pile (without the card having been played). Discarding can be triggered directly (by using Bombers or Action Cards with such an ability) or indirectly, if a player has more than 8 cards in his hand at the end of a turn.

Did my answers help you?

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

04-06-2007 at 08:06 | Antwort mit Zitat
Dauntless_dad
Level: Member

Yes, thank you.

I am surprised that Sabotage affects both players. Am I correct in assuming that if each player plays a Sabotage card, the effects combine to create a +4 TA cost for Territory Improvements for both players as long as both Sabotage cards are unlocked?

I suspected we might have been wrong in the way we interpreted "discards", based upon some other posts I have read in this forum. So "discard" is defined only as a card being moved from a player's hand to the junkyard, without providing any card effect benefit? I would have thought that the elimination of excess cards in a player's Assembly Area at the end of the turn would be considered a discard as well.

05-06-2007 at 03:24 | Antwort mit Zitat
Roland_09
Level: Moderator

Hi!

You are right; as long as both players each have an unlocked "Sabotage", both would have to pay +4 extra TA to build a Territory Improvement. If one of them actually wanted to build a TI, he would likely lock his Sabotage, thereby immediately reducing the TI's extra cost to +2, as well as generating a TA that he could use to pay for his new TI.

In a way, the effect of Sabotage is retroactively applied to a player's building projects: Both players simultaneously flip the cards that they wish to build, generate the amount of TA that they normally would have to pay, and then check whether there are things like Sabotage that increase the nominal TA cost, and then pay any extra.

Indeed, "discarding" really is defined as taking a card from a player's hand and placing it into the junkyard, without that card having been in play. Other effects or situations that require players to remove a card from play and put in in the junkyard (e.g. "Destroy", etc.) are not the same thing as "discarding".

[Edited by Roland_09 on 05-06-2007 at 08:56 GMT]

Tatmotiv: KILLERSPIELE!!!
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/0,1518,612826,00.html

Save the children!
http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/02/save_the_children_from_global.html

05-06-2007 at 08:49 | Antwort mit Zitat
History of War - Forum : Rules questions : Three Base Improvement Questions New Topic Post Reply

Login ? Username: Passwort: Passwort vergessen ?
Forum Eigenschaften:
Wer kann neue Beiträge erstellen ? HoW-Team, Moderator, Member, Member, Member
Wer kann auf Beiträge antworten ? HoW-Team, Moderator, Member, Member, Member
Wer kann Beiträge lesen ? HoW-Team, Moderator, Member, Member, Member, Gast
HTML An ? no
UBBC An ? yes
Wortfilter ? no